Finding the best table tennis conversion tops can be a daunting task. After all, there are myriad options available, and it is hard to tell which one is better than the other just by looking at them. Where does that leave a ping pong player without an idea of what to settle for eventually? Fortunately, this article can help a great deal. Read on to find out the best table tennis conversion tops pool tables and much more.
- Top 7 Best Table Tennis Conversion Tops Reviews
- 1. JOOLA Regulation Table Tennis Top
- 2. Butterfly Pool Table Conversion Top for Billiard Table
- 3. Martin Kilpatrick Ping Pong Table
- 4. Indoor Ping Pong Conversion Top with Net Set by Rally & Roar
- 5. GamePoint Tables Top
- 6. EastPoint Sports Ping Pong Conversion Top
- 7. JOOLA Tetra
- Table Tennis Conversion Top Buying Guide
Top 7 Best Table Tennis Conversion Tops Reviews
Let’s take a look at some great recommendations for the best ping pong conversion tops.
1. JOOLA Regulation Table Tennis Top
JOOLA is a brand well known for producing excellent table tennis gear. Its pool table conversion top is no exception since it is full-sized and equally important durable. What do you expect when the material is high-quality MDF with a thickness of 5/8 inches? It meets the standard regulations since it measures 9 feet by 5 feet. Whether you want to transform a dining, picnic, or billiard table into a ping-pong, it will not disappoint. After all, it is a great ping-pong table top for the dining table. It works best with tables not higher than 8 feet.
Don’t expect the top to warp since it is multi-layered. It is also blue and sleek hence visually appealing. The ball bounce will be consistent, which is what every tennis player is looking for, no doubt. You don’t want to destroy the pool or dining table, and it has a solution to that. It has a foam padding layer under it to facilitate that. Storage and installation are easy since it comes as a pair of separate pieces.
- It only takes you 5 minutes to assemble it.
- Dimensions are 9 feet x 5 feet
- Its surface thickness is 5/8 inches, equivalent to 15 mm
- Its weight is 52 kg, equal to 115 lbs.
- The package contains a post set and a deluxe net
- It is easy to set up and only requires a short time
- Its price is pocket friendly
- The package also includes a net set
- It is not suitable for professional use
2. Butterfly Pool Table Conversion Top for Billiard Table
This ping pong table top for the dining table is also worth buying. Besides the dining table, it also works on a pool table, and whichever the case, the ball bounce is excellent. Its measurements meet the standards and the thickness, 18 mm, guarantees consistent ball bounce. The top and the corners of your table are protected by the metal apron and the magenta corner protectors, respectively. Consequently, scratches, cracks, and dents become a thing of the past.
Assembling it is also easy because it has been split into a pair of pieces. As a matter of fact, it is as simple as clipping it in place. You can rest assured that the process is effortless and straightforward. The materials are high-quality wood and metal for longevity.
- Dimensions are 9 feet by 5 feet as per the standards
- 3-year warranty
- Weight is 150 pounds
- Two options for the color, namely blue and green
- Foldable hence easy to transport and store
- Thickness is 19 mm or ¾ inch
- It is easy to set up
- Works with various types of tables
- Its thickness is impressive
- It is pretty heavy
3. Martin Kilpatrick Ping Pong Table
It is the best table tennis conversion top as far as thickness is concerned. It is no secret that thickness plays a significant role when determining the ball bounce. With that in mind, the manufacturer made it with a thickness of 19 mm. The spin is also perfect with such thickness. Therefore, if you want a great bounce and spin, settle for it since it is the best ping pong conversion top for your pool table. Equally important, it meets the standard measurements for an ideal table tennis playing surface.
Interestingly, your pool table will always be safe from scratches and dents. The EVA foam padding will see to it that such damage doesn’t happen. This pool table conversion top will also be secure from the same, thanks to its protective padding. As long as the surfaces measure 8 feet, this option is worth it. As for a 9-foot pool table, you must do away with the rails.
- Its dimensions are 9 feet by 5 feet
- You only need a maximum of 5 minutes to assemble it
- The thickness of the playing surface is 19 mm or ¾ inch
- Its weight is 40 kg or 90 lbs
- Stability is ample since the dovetail connecting system will ensure that separation doesn’t occur
- Protection rails measuring 1.5 inches to protect and stabilize it
- It comes with a net set
- It is also easy to install
- It is compatible with a wide range
- It is also relatively thick compared to other tables
- Its durability is indisputable
- Expect a 3-year warranty which is one of the best when it comes to the best ping-pong conversion top pool tables
- There is room for improvement when it comes to the foam pads
4. Indoor Ping Pong Conversion Top with Net Set by Rally & Roar
You don’t want to spend the better part of your free time setting up a pool table conversion top instead of playing tennis. Fortunately, this item will ensure that you take the shortest time possible to install. Then, you can use the rest of it to play your favorite game. It is ideal for a pool table or air hockey’s conversion to a table tennis playing surface. It also works well with the dining and the billiard table.
The great selection of materials, metal, and engineered wood, makes it durable. You can rest assured that the ball’s bounce and spin will be optimal. Since it is foldable, all you have to do is fold it after use, thus store it quickly and conveniently.
- You are at liberty to choose between a 2-piece and a 4-piece set
- 2-piece has a thickness of 5/8 inch, whereas that of the 4-piece is ½ inch
- Its weight is more than 100 lbs
- The measurements are 9 feet by 5 feet
- This package has a post set and a net ideal for beginners
- It measures up to the standard measurements of a tennis table
- Its construction is also durable
- You don’t have to struggle to assemble it
- There could have done better as far as the quality of the net set is concerned
- It is relatively heavy
5. GamePoint Tables Top
This product by GamePoint is also among the best ping pong table tops for dining tables. It also works well with the best table tennis conversion top pool tables. One of the reasons it is worth every penny is durability. No one wants to buy something that’s weak and breaks easily. Luckily, that’s unexpected in this case since it is the best ping pong conversion tops for all players. That’s regardless of whether you are a novice or an expert.
It is lightweight; hence easy to move it around whenever a need arises. Its thickness is excellent for the ball bounce since it is about 15 mm. You get to play your tennis game without worrying about destroying the table. After all, it has EVA foam padding to prevent such damage. Storage is also a breeze, thanks to its foldable design. Safety is also top-notch given the pair of lock systems.
- It is foldable hence portable, and easy to store
- The playing surface meets the standard requirements as it measures 9 x 5 feet
- It doesn’t require any assembling
- It has a weight of 105.8 pounds
- Its versatility makes it ideal for your backyard, deck, basement, office, or home
- The surface area is 5/8 inch thick
- It is at par with the standard measurements
- It is also safe courtesy of two lock systems
- The EVA foam protects your body
- Its quality is also top-notch
- You will have to dig deeper into your pocket since it is relatively expensive
6. EastPoint Sports Ping Pong Conversion Top
You should also consider this item when looking for the best table tennis conversion top for your dining or pool table. It is also important to note that it will protect your table as you play since it has foam pads underneath it. Feel free to buy it for your office, man cave, home, game room, or basement. It is what you need to take your tennis games to the professional level when playing with family, friends, and loved ones.
The conversion top is lightweight hence easy to carry around. It is also foldable to ensure that you have an easy time storing it after use. The four hinges come in handy when folding this pool table conversion top. Thanks to the fact that there are two separate pieces, it is easy to set it up for yes. The different pieces also simplify storage. It looks excellent courtesy of the great choice of color, blue.
- Its dimensions are 9 feet by 5 feet
- The thickness of the playing surface is about 12 mm
- It saves space which you would have used to place a table tennis table
- Storage and portability can’t get any better because it is foldable
- 5 minutes if not less is enough to assemble it
- Its weight is 39 kg, equivalent to 85.5 lbs.
- It doesn’t require assembling before use
- Its measurements comply with the standards
- It comes with a post set and a steel net
- Since it is foldable, it takes up little storage space
- It is not suitable for outdoor use
7. JOOLA Tetra
The fact that there is yet another best ping pong conversion top from JOOLA doesn’t come as a surprise. After all, it is a formidable company when it comes to such products. It works with a pool, air hockey, and dining table. The fact that it meets the standards means that its experience is not far from a professional tennis table.
It has a 3-hinge system that attaches this best table tennis conversion top. It makes it foldable hence easy to set up for use and store after that. Playing the tennis ball on the table can lead to dents, scratches, and other forms of damage. However, this ping pong table top for dining tables has protective pads that avoid such outcomes. There is no need to worry about assembling it because it is minimal and manageable.
- Its measurements are 9 feet by 5 feet
- With very little to assemble, all you need is 3 minutes of your time
- The playing surface has a thickness of ½ inch or 12 mm
- Its weight is about 39 kg or 85 lbs
- It is foldable, and that compactness comes in handy during storage
- It is also lightweight thus easy to carry around
- No scratches on your pool or dining table after use since the pool table conversion top protects it
- Its versatility makes it perfect for various tables
- A net set is part of its package
- It is also affordable
- It is not suitable for professional players
- The thickness leaves a lot to be desired
Table Tennis Conversion Top Buying Guide
This segment talks about things to consider to buy the best table tennis conversion top. Before diving into them, let’s learn some basics.
What is a conversion top?
A conversion top is a ping pong or tennis playing surface excluding the undercarriage and the legs. It is apparent that they will need to be placed somewhere to work. There are many options to go for, including billiards, pool, dining, and gaming tables, among others. They save you money since they are relatively cheap. Equally important, you also save space since you use a table that serves another purpose instead of a dedicated one.
These are things to consider when buying one:
The thickness of the top
The role that the top thickness plays when playing tennis or ping pong is significant. For instance, it determines the bounce of the ball. The thicker the tabletop, the more the ball will bounce. Equally important, the thickness affects the spin of the ball. Again, the thicker the ball, the better, even in the case of the amount of spin.
Weight and Assembly
Go for a lightweight conversion top to make it easy to move it around. Another option is going for a foldable one since that helps with portability. On the other hand, go for one that’s easy to assemble or needs none at all.
Playing Surface Size
For you to have a great playing experience, you need ample space. The standard size of a table tennis playing surface is 9 feet by 5 feet. Go for that size, especially if you are a professional. Equally important, measure the table you intend to use to ensure that you buy something that fits.
Net for Best Table Tennis Conversion Tops
It is advisable to go for a pool table that comes with a net. It is a way of saving money since you don’t have to buy one separately. However, choose the best table tennis conversion top to get a helpful net. Otherwise, it will be of poor quality, and you will have to replace it.
Foam backing or pads
You don’t want to damage your table or conversion top with scratches and dents. That’s why you should go for the tops with foam backing or pads. They will prevent your table from the same.
Brands for Best Table Tennis Conversion Tops
Going for a new brand is always riskier than going after an old one. After all, you have a reputation to go by when dealing with the latter. That doesn’t mean that new brands don’t have great conversion tops. However, only settle for something you are sure won’t disappoint. After all, guesswork could cost you a lot, mainly if you guess wrong, no doubt.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the best table tennis conversion top.
How Tall Should the Surface Be to Mimic Regular Tables?
According to table tennis regulations, the height of the playing surface is 2 feet 6 inches. Therefore, the best table tennis conversion top should be the same height. However, an allowance of several mm will have a negligible effect.
Do They Come With Paddles, Balls, and Nets?
Hardly will you come across a pool table conversion top that comes with balls and paddles. Nevertheless, nets are often part of the package. It is important to note that some may be of low quality, but it is possible to buy them separately.
Can you put a ping pong table top on a pool table?
It is possible since most tops fit both 7 feet, and 9 feet pool tables. That said, the case of the 9 feet pool table demands the removal of supporting aprons.
Our pool and table tennis table the same height?
The truth is that not even all pool tables share the same height. Therefore, if there is no standard height for pool tables, what height would one compare with that of ping pong tables. Therefore, pool tables and ping pong tables don’t have the same size. Nevertheless, finding a pool table and a ping-pong table with the same height as possible.
How to maintain a conversion top?
You should clean it often by wiping its top with warm water and a cleaning fluid using a soft cloth. Additionally, store it well away from dust and humid surroundings.
Is there an outdoor ping pong conversion top?
The answer to that is a resounding yes. However, given the intention behind creating the conversion tops, outdoor options are limited.
With such information, getting the best table tennis conversion tops becomes simple. First of all, you have great recommendations that will play the trick. The factors to consider when buying a pool table conversion top are also at your disposal. Last but not least, you have answers to FAQs.